Why TMAP ?
Why you need TMAP-Backgrounds™
TMAP-Backgrounds™ provides timely, accurate, and discrete Investigation Services that are best in class. Our vast network of resources and connections allow us to quickly provide effective information solutions for a wide variety of industries.
We have resources which are not available to our competitors. Our team of professionals, for example, who draw upon their years of experience in a variety of fields including Law Enforcement, Military, Special Operations, Information Security, Litigation, and Corporate Risk Management. We have the knowledge, experience, and resources you need. Our experts have a proven, successful track record of proven solutions to the information challenges your company faces.
Pre-employment screening background checks are an effective risk management tool that have been proven to significantly reduce the risk of a bad hire. Employers typically engage in pre-employment background screening for four reasons:
- To discourage applicants with something to hide—discourages job applicants with a criminal background or falsified credentials.
- To eliminate uncertainty in the hiring process— many employers have discovered the hard way that relying on instinct alone is not enough. Verified information is also an important part of the hiring process.
- To demonstrate Due Diligence—all employers have a duty of care in the hiring process. That means an employer must take reasonable steps to determine whether an employee is fit for a particular job. For example, an employer who hires a bus driver and does not take reasonable efforts to determine if the bus driver has a criminal record, could be found liable if that driver assaults a passenger, and a reasonable background check would have discovered the prior assaults.
- To encourage honesty in the application and interview process—employers find that just having a background program encourages applicants to be more forthcoming about their employment history.
Your employees are your most valuable resources. But a bad hire can result in:
- Workplace Violence
- Unqualified employees
- Lost business, customers and valuable employees
- Theft, embezzlement or property damage
- Negligent hiring exposure
- Sexual harassment claims
- Financial losses
- Fraudulent claims
- Time wasted in recruiting, employing and training
Exposure arising from workplace violence and negligent hiring alone justifies setting up a pre-employment background screening program. The number one predictor of workplace violence is past problems. Since most employers are unable to obtain good references from past employers, using the TMAP-Backgrounds™ pre-employment background screening professionals can be critical.
The level of investigation should be comparable with the position for which the applicant may be hired. Performing pre-employment background screenings is certainly not a guarantee that every bad applicant will be discovered. However, just engaging in a pre-employment background screening program demonstrates due diligence and provides an employer with legal protection.
It is also important to understand that a pre-employment background screening program is aimed at how a person has performed in the public aspect of their lives. Items such as a criminal record or previous job performance reflect how a person behaved towards others, or discharged their obligations or responsibilities. Screening is NOT an invasion of privacy, a sign of mistrust or an act of “Big Brother.”
Hiring new employees can be taxing, even for companies with a fully staffed Human Resources and Security Departments. Most applicants are honest and hard working. However, a growing number of people are falsifying their applications, embellishing their credentials or hiding negative information such as criminal convictions or a termination for cause. There is no question that a background-screening program is more then worth the cost.
For more information about why TMAP-Backgrounds™ is the right choice for your investigative needs and how we can be of service to you, please call us at 1 (877) 926-8110 or click here to send us a message.
Whenever a corporate client of mine needs a private investigator (whether to provide litigation support, conduct a background check, conduct a workplace violence investigation or provide security services) I turn to RJ. RJ is very detailed-oriented and has produced great results for my corporate clients. I would highly recommend RJ and his firm, Threat Management And Protection, Inc.
I have worked with RJ on a number of difficult and sensitive projects, and he has exceeded my (and my clients’) expectations on every single one.